Update May 12, 2020: Private Garden Coaching and Tree Talking sessions are available remotely, by video. Private Garden Coaching sessions, in person, under social distancing guidelines are available locally in Portland, Oregon, by appointment. You can schedule here:
Some of the Nature Communication skills you might gain or improve:
- Talk with trees
- Cooperate with insects
- Soar with a gorgeous sunset or climb high with mountains
- Tune into your pet
- Talk to your body
- Make friends with Crow or Rattlesnake, Bumblebee or Frog
From the tiniest flower
To the largest pumpkin,
From the most ungainly weed
Or compost microorganism
To the hungriest slug,
Every part of your garden
Has intrinsic beauty, intelligence, and worth.
Connecting with it
And brings radiance to you both.
The Garden Coaching sessions will assist with the following skills:
* Become aware of the special bond you already have with your garden and gain more satisfying interactions;
* Talk to plants and know when they are talking back;
* Learn a cooperative and co-creative approach to gardening;
* Visualize how your garden will look; create a plan in timing with the seasons so you can see it manifest
* Overcome prejudices against weeds and insects;
* Adopt win-win insect negotiation strategies (see Insect Communication and Cooperation page);
* Cultivate an atmosphere of non-violence in your backyard.
I have taught these as classes to children and adults, novice and experienced gardeners. I teach skills with each of these points, and I tell anecdotes that illustrate how they apply to familiar experiences. As an example of the first point about garden bonding, here is a post on Love and a Green Thumb, with notes for a meditative approach:
Rosi has been gardening on Findhorn and Theosophical principles since 1977, and using Perelandra principles since 2000. Learn Deva Communion principles to gain cooperation from and learn communion with Nature, for personal or planetary healing.
Leave a message here for free consultation or to schedule a class. Or visit Portland Nature Communication Meetup Group, Los Angeles Nature Communication Meetup, or Bay Area Nature Communication Meetup.